Friday 21 November 2008

My first update

Well the initial setup and testing of this blog appears to have gone OK. I have made a few changes in the blogger 'Settings' options which I think improve the usability slightly. I have also noticed the differences in the display formatting depending on whether you are viewing via MS Internet Explorer 7 or Mozilla FireFox 3. This should not be happening as both these web browsers are supposed to be W3c web standards compliant. Or is it that the underlying code within Blogger.com is not W3c compliant?

In connection with my previous test posting relating to 'my dim and sordid past', I have also included a link to the website of an old friend of mine from the 1970's. John ran the Funky Parrot roadshow disco for many years around the Leics. / Warks. area, and I'm staggered to see that he's still going strong - he must be getting towards the 'big 60' by now! Check this out for 70's nostalgia:

D'y'know, I'm sure there's at least one speaker cab in there that he had off me?


Anyway, I'm now sorting out material for my future posts ( a mammoth task!). Future topics will include In and around Salford, the urban village of Monton, Amateur Radio (and my part in it!), and anything else I can think of. All interjected with comments on topical issues, like "why did you 'buy to rent' anyway when housing is the roof over someone's head which was never intended for a third party to attempt to make money out of!".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you get my email about the header?

I had a letter today from the RSGB telling me I ought to join, considering all they had done on our behalf over the years. I notice that the subs are still out of proportion with what they have done. This is the reason I never joined; too expensive!

Kevin 'In Salford' said...

No I didn't get the email, could you resend? Thanks.

That's been the main contention with the RSGB for many years. I look on it as an expensive monthly technical magazine subscription, and given the number of years I've had it I think I would miss it if I were to cancel.